Monday, April 9, 2012

04 April 2012

Tonight was my first night sleeping in a shelter.  I had just come off the shuttle from Franklin, NC when it started raining.  Cheese Whiz and I hiked 4.2 miles and booked it to the nearest shelter.  Siler Bald Shelter was .5 miles from the trail, but it was a safe haven.  Little did I know that I was in for a memorable night.  As soon as I got to the shelter and started cooking dinner it started hailing.  This is where I met Crispy and Candyman....2 men and full of fun.  Others soon arrived and by the end of the night our 8 person shelter hosted Crispy, Candyman, Moss, Baked Beans, Cheese Whiz, Dirty Barefoot guy, Grumpy Commercial Airplane Pilot, The Weird Guy with the hairy back, Puddle Jumper...and me.  Now I know why I don't like to sleep in shelters.  I had a horrible nights sleep, but I was in great company.



No comments:

Post a Comment